Each student at MCDS is required to agree to and abide by our Code of Conduct.
Self-discipline begins when I leave home for school and I arrive prepared and on time.
- I will respect classroom rules and those of the school so that we all may learn in an atmosphere of order.
- I will wait my turn.
- I will use my time effectively.
- I will practice self-control by keeping my hands and feet to myself.
- I will listen when someone is speaking and wait to express my ideas.
- I will tell the truth knowing there will be times when that will be difficult.
- I will keep my word.
- I will do my best work without assistance unless requested to work in teams.
- I will strive to do what is right.
- I will keep a positive attitude.
- I will conduct myself in a trustworthy manner which includes being honest in word and action.
Appreciation of Traditional Values:
- I will use appropriate table manners and be polite and caring to others.
- I will dress neatly and follow the dress code.
- I will use appropriate language.
- I will respect others by my actions and language.
- I will treat others as I expect to be treated.
- I will ask permission before I take or touch another’s belongings.
- I will acknowledge that others are different from me and respect our differences.
- I will respect the opinions of others.
- I will cooperate even when my idea is not the one chosen.
- I will strive to make a contribution in my school which is my community.
- I will take care of school property because it belongs to all of us.
- I will keep the school clean by picking up litter from the floor even if I did not throw it there.
- I will give of my talents and skills to help where needed.
I know that choosing not to follow the Code of Conduct will result in certain consequences. These consequences may be one or more of the following:
- Spending time in a separate place until given permission to rejoin the group.
- Apologizing to the person who has been hurt by my words or actions.
- Repeating the process in an appropriate manner.
- Informing my parents of inappropriate behavior.
- Making restitution for damage or stolen property.
- Helping to clean the school building or grounds.
- Being excluded from a school field trip.
- Being dismissed from school for one day or several days.
- Having a grade of zero in cases of cheating.
- Meeting with my parents, the faculty and administration to determine continued enrollment