Our Summer Academy Program is designed to eliminate the common “summer cobwebs” that often need to be dusted off in September. By enrolling your child in our program, you can be assured that concepts learned the previous year will be reviewed, while getting a jump start on future challenges for the upcoming year.
- Open for students entering K – 7th Grade
- Taught by certified & experienced MCDS teachers
- Each child’s program is individually designed around their strengths/weaknesses.
- Courses run in 2 week sessions from 9am-11am daily
- Focus on Math, Writing, and Reading
- Math: Students will review upcoming concepts, or review concepts from the most recent school year.
- Writing: Students will work through the writing process as a way to improve & expand their writing skills. This program is great for both emergent writers as well as those preparing to write essays.
- Reading: Using a phonetic approach, students will work to increase their decoding skills, fluency, & comprehension. There will also be a focus on vocabulary building, the use of context clues, and summarizing what has been read.
- Session I | June 25 – July 6 (Closed July 4)
- Session II | July 9 – July 20
- Session III | July 23 – August 3
- Session IV | August 6 – August 17
Fees Per Two-Session
Only Attending Summer Academy:
- Entering Kindergarten through 3rd Grade – $500 per Session
- Entering 4th Grade through 7th Grade – $600 per Session
Also Attending Summer Adventure Camp
- Entering Kindergarten through 3rd Grade – $400 per Session
Download Summer Academy Application Form